Key Takeaways from Top 3 Stories on GPP Daily
- Chris Boyer, a member of the External Advisory Board for the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media, gave a great talk on measuring return on investment in social media at the Mayo Clinic Social Media Summit in Jacksonville. View his talk by clicking here.
My favorite tweet is:
- @LeeAase talks about a patient showing up at the Mayo Clinic saying that she was referred by Twitter. #mayoragan
- While I don’t know many physicians that are still making house calls these days, I would venture to say that social media and collaborative technology tools have the power to bring patients and doctors together in a fashion similar to those old fashioned house calls.
- Patients are online. Physicians are online. However, these two groups are running in different social circles.
- Approximately one-third of adults in the US are using social media to collect health information. According to a recent Health Dialog survey, only 25% of individuals searching for health information online verified the source. Scarier yet, 58% of individuals surveyed assume a diagnosis based on the information they gathered online.
- Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media: New Advisory Board Members (scienceroll.com)